Saturday, March 31, 2007

show you care!

If you haven't already seen this, please head over to Ali Edwards blog and see what she is doing right now!
for the benefit of my family and non-scrapping friends: Ali is a well known scrapbooker who has become my friend over the past year. She is not only a talented artist but someone who always takes the time to make a difference. Her son Simon has Autism and she talks very openly about their journey on her blog. It was because of Ali's openness , and her willingness to take time and be a friend that we were able to learn as much as we have about Tiara's sensory issues. I had written to her awhile back when we felt so lost and had no idea what was going on with this girl of ours; Something in her description of a tough day with Simon struck home with me and our journey to finding answers began. She took the time to write to me about sensory integration disorder and recommend books etc. It was the first I had ever heard of this but when I looked further into it I just knew we were finally on the right track, it was like reading the description of my own child.
Ali has been such a key player in raising Autism awareness, reaching so many people through her role as a well known "scrap celebrity" Her latest endeavor is just amazing, she has been participating in "six degrees" by raising funds for autism speaks. As I write this she has raised $42, 198 and it is still going up. She has reached the goal of having 2000 wonderful people take the time to show they care. WOW! I am just all emotional as I write this. WOW. You can make a donation through the badge on her blog ( which is now set up for international peoples like me!) today is the last day to join in and make a difference! please please show you care :)

No comments: