Thursday, March 15, 2007

working through

sometimes pages take work to be wonderful. They just do. Luckily there are those that almost do themselves which is always simply thrilling. But it seems to me that it is the ones that I have to fight through a bit, and really think about, that end up being the best of all. I am learning ( especially with my paper scrapping where I can't "undo" in a click ) that it is alright to make mistakes, as long as you look at it as an opportunity to take your page in a new direction! happy accidents right? Today my friend Kristie is babysitting the two littlest girlees so that I can get some work done during normal daytime hours ( thank goodness for my sweet pal!) So I am working right now on one of these "tough" pages for July's latest & greatest column. I am completely excited about the product I am working with, but for some reason I'm really fighting with my design. And one big all too eager brown paint blob last night has forced me to cut it up a little and re-think things. Just a chance to do something even better I guess. It can be a little frustrating while you're working through that "ugh" part, but then come this moment right now where a few little changes and it all comes together perfectly! better than you had imagined it would! Hooray!!! I Love that. I've been here many times and it is so worth pushing through to get to a great end result. I just wanted to share my happy victory ( can't show, it but look for it in July ;) and encourage you to push through those tough pages. It's worth it in the end! have a great Thursday friends :)

9 comments:

Kim Bolyard said...

some of the best things happen on my layouts because of a mistake. I ended like those the most. Can't wait to see what you create.
peace
Kim

Anonymous said...

You give excellent advice. Often the struggle is what makes it wonderful. It forces us to step outside of our comfort zone and try something different. Those are the ones we remember the most.

Amy said...

I agree! I hardly ever have a layout I don't finish - I just keep reworking it until I am happy. Sometimes the ones I don't like when I start are my favorites when I'm done!

Laura Williams said...

thank you CD!!! i needed to hear that today!!!

Amanda Dykan said...

CD, I find it hard to believe that you could even make a mistake. You are blessed with the magic touch that makes everything you do turn to gold. I'm so glad for you and all you do! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Hugs! Amanda

Kelly Fowler said...

CD! with the upcoming SOY contest back on for 2007, i would love to hear your personal take on rising from a HOF honourable mention up to a SOY finalist & then winner!! what did you do to stand out from the crowd...

Keela said...

Hi, CD! :) I just had to come tell you that it's so FUN to see you in CK!!! :) I smile everytime I open the magazine (it always opens to one of your layouts) LOL! I do need to ask you...what do you print your layouts on? Cardstock, photopaper? You should see me trying to spot your digi vs paper stuff on your layouts! :) Too fun! Hugs! Have a great day!

a.k.a. Craft Diva said...

Hi CD!
I have recently "found" you! Obviously from CK mag, congrats on your SOY win!!! I love your pages! Your style is so unique, after LOVING the SOY article, i can "spot" your work immediately!
Your girls are beautiful, and your pages show that!
Thanks for the inspo!
Melanie

Anonymous said...

Hey, C.D. I must say that you are now one of my favorite scrappers of all time. You should've won Scrapbooker of the Decade, not Year. It's encouraging to know that even you aren't satisfied with your pages sometimes. That gives me the motivation to keep on truckin'.