Saturday, May 05, 2007

please say a prayer

hi there, I just wanted to pop in here and ask all you praying folks out there to offer one up for our little Kaiella.
I ran downstairs Friday to get the phone, and she decided to be a "big girl" and get her bag of goldfish crackers from the back of the counter all by herself, I had just poured myself a hot cup of tea and placed it back there where I thought it was safe from little hands. She ended up with hot tea dumped all over her little arm and chest. Luckily it didn't have time to soak through the chest part of her sweater before I got it off of her but her little arm wasn't as fortunate and she has some 2nd degree burns between her wrist and shoulder. The doctors at children's hospital say she should heal well and we just have to go back every second day to get the dressings changed this week. But she is pretty "ouchie" and Tylenol seems to just barely take the edge off. My heart is so sad for her, all I an do is give lots of extra love and lots of my time. and it is one of those times that I can't even beat myself up about, because I am not sure what I could have done any different... other than putting my cup inside the cupboard! no, seriously though, We are reeally careful, we don't let anyone sit with the kids or hold them while drinking coffee or tea, we keep them out of the kitchen when we are cooking and always boil on the back burners. Please please please take extra caution around your babies when it comes to hot stuff, you just can't be too careful.

Thanks for listening and thanks for your prayers, I will hopefully get back to work and returning my emails after this weekend. For now my attentions are all here at home. take care all :)

20 comments:

Cathy Pascual said...

Hope she feels better real soon.
and yes, please don't beat yourself up. accidents happen! a similar thing happened to my brother when we were kids. totally fine now of course...

wishing for a speedy recovery!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!!! Poor little thing. I'm grateful it wasn't worse. I'll be thinking of you, and praying little kaiella will feel better soon.
Love and hugs to you both.

Anonymous said...

Oh..I hope she feels better soon,CD! {Hugs} Prayers sent already.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

O no CD... I hope she's feel better soon and that she will heal okay. Please don't feel quilty, you're a super mom!

Take care and hugs to you both!!

Ania said...

Awww!! If it's any comfort - I got HOT boiling water spilled all over my chest & tummy when I was little..in our cottage..high up the mountains....with NO electricy...and this was the kind of boiling water that you got by firing in the oven...which goes real real hot..the skin didn't look good for a while but now it's all gone...mom was so devastated...I still remember her soaking me all wet for a long long while spilling water all over the floor in our little cottage..it was our summerplace...so small..heh.. kicthen, livingroom & bedroom in one... no running water either but we had water from a well..ohwell...sorry for spilling all this, the memories just rushed back to me...anyways..I was fine and the skin slowly went back to normal after a year or so so I don't think it was THAT bad..just a very scary memory...hope your little one will be well soon!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's so hard to watch our children be in pain. It must be awful not having any real way to make it feel better. I hope she heels quickly!!!!

Laura said...

awww! so sorry to hear about little Kaiella! hope she feels better soon! :) **hugs**

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear this...it is so hard when are little ones get hurt.

get well soon
peace
Kim

Unknown said...

Aw, that stinks. I'll certainly pray for her. Good thing you thought fast and pulled the sweater off of her, the burns could have been much bigger!

My daughter had 2nd degree burns on her hand when she was 18 months old- stuck her hand in my mother's coffee cup! If it helps, her hands healed just fine, and fairly quickly too.

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't use the "at least she'll have immunity" reassurance. But I hope she recovers quickly. At least the stove wasn't on.

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

I will definitely be praying for your little Sweetie. (((Hugs))) to you both!

jkhenson said...

Prayers for fast healing!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww! Poor thing! Burns are not fun! Hope she is feeling better today.

Anonymous said...

It's always so hard to have our little ones in pain. Praying for a speedy recovery. And cuddles ALWAYS make it better!

Prairie Scrapbooking said...

Poor babe...prayers for some relief and for you too...peace...accidents happen! It's amazing what little hands can reach. A couple of weeks ago my little one ended up climbing our pantry, and hanging on to the top shelf, trying to get snacks!

TheCatLord said...

poor baby! i pray that she heals quickly. (((BIG HUGS)))

Victoria said...

My heart goes out to your little one! I will keep her in my prayers! It sounds like you are always mindful of your childrens' safety. It hurts our hearts as moms to let anything happen. (((Hugs))) to both of you!

Melissa said...

poor little sweetie! she is definitely in my prayers. It just amazes me how kids always find their way around everything we do to keep them safe. my youngest, zoe, is notorious for that. i pray that she is already on the mend. I am sure she is already feeling better from the extra love. it is amazing what that can do!
--mel :)

Anonymous said...

oh CD you must have been so scared! I'm so glad to hgear she's healing well!! take care!

noel joy said...

she looks like she's recovering nicely. this happened to my dd when she was 10 months old and pulled a full cup of hot cocoa on herself. she healed up so quickly... no marks at all now!

praying for you all... still. :)